AWESOME! Pepe will leave Besiktas having covered wages for club staffby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the lovePepe will leave Besiktas with the gratitude of many of the club’s staff, it has been revealed.Due to the club’s financial problems, the former Real Madrid defender has agreed to terminating his contract this month.However, before Pepe’s departure, it’s emerged he paid the month’s wages of several of the club’s staff, including chefs and groundsmen, as Besiktas struggled to meet their obligations, reports Marca. Pepe is now set to become a free agent and can immediately sign for a new club. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Mumbai: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Sunday deployed a helicopter to rescue around 35 people who were stranded at a village in Thane district of Maharashtra following heavy rains, an official said. The people were stuck at their water-logged homes in Ju-Nandkhuri village near Khadavli in Kalyan taluka since 10 am, Thane’s resident deputy collector Shivaji Patil said. “One Mi 17 helicopter has been launched by IAF from Santacruz (in Mumbai) on request of the state government towards rescue of 35 residents of the village,” a defence official said. All efforts were being made to bring the stranded people to a safer place, Patil said. With the Bhatsa river in spate, several villages in and around Kalyan taluka were inundated, he said, adding that Ju-Nandkhuri village was the worst hit. Mumbai and its neighbouring Thane and Palghar districts have been witnessing incessant rains since the last two days.
TORONTO – Optimism about the Canadian economy in the first quarter fell to its lowest level since 2016 in a poll of senior accounting executives.The survey by the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada says optimism in the first quarter of this year fell to 34 per cent compared with 48 per cent in the final quarter of last year.The percentage of those neutral about the economy increased to 47 per cent for the quarter, up from 36 per cent, while those with a negative outlook increased to 20 per cent from 16 per cent.The report says 67 per cent of respondents believe Canada is now a less competitive place to invest and do business than the United States compared to a year ago.The top three challenges to the Canadian economy cited were U.S. trade protectionism, uncertainty in the Canadian economy and U.S. tax reforms.The CPA report was based on 408 responses to 4,943 surveys that were emailed to executives in senior positions including chief executives, chief financial officers, chief operating officers and other leadership roles.The survey was conducted from March 13 to March 29.
In speaking with Ryan Harvey, Communications Director for the City of Fort St. John, says crews will be dispatched to collect the signs and City staff will attempt to contact the owners from the information on the signs.To read more about the 2016 signs; CLICK HERE FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – This past weekend the Fish Creek Community Forest received some unexpected decor with the addition of real estate signs at the entry to the trails.The titled image posted to a FB group shows approximately 8 signs scattered about the entrance.This is not the first time real estate signs have been posted at the entrance of Fish Creek as reported by Energeticcity in June 2016.
Dublin: West Indies openers John Campbell and Shai Hope shattered the record for the highest first-wicket partnership in a one-day international with a stand of 365 against Ireland in Dublin on Sunday. The duo comfortably exceeded the previous opening best at this level of 304 set by Pakistan’s Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo in July last year. Campbell made 179 and Hope 170 in an eventual total of 381 for three after the visitors were sent in to bat by Ireland captain William Porterfield at Clontarf. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuHope was first to his century while Campbell quickly followed to him to a hundred — his first in international cricket. They were both dismissed in the 48th over, Campbell top-edging Barry McCarthy to mid-off with Hope falling three balls later when he holed out to deep square-leg. Campbell faced 137 balls, including 15 fours and six sixes, with Hope’s 152-ball knock featuring 22 fours and two sixes. The only higher partnership in the 4,128-match history of men’s ODI cricket also belongs to the West Indies, with Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels sharing a second-wicket stand of 372 against Zimbabwe in Canberra during the 2015 World Cup. Ireland’s attack had sparked an England top-order collapse at nearby Malahide on Friday but had no answer as the West Indies ran riot in the opening match of a triangular series also featuring Bangladesh.
OSU sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa (left) forces a fumble from Cincinnati redshirt-sophomore quarterback Gunner Kiel during a Sept. 27 game at Ohio Stadium. The fumble resulted in an OSU safety.Credit: Chelsea Spears / Multimedia editorLed by a redshirt-freshman quarterback and a largely inexperienced offensive line, Ohio State put on one of the best offensive performances in school history Saturday, as it rolled to a 50-28 victory against Cincinnati.The Buckeye offense totaled 710 total yards against the Bearcats, just eight yards shy of the school record.In addition to yardage, the Buckeyes broke the school record and tied an FBS record for first downs with 45 and tied a school record for most plays run with 101.OSU coach Urban Meyer said after the game that the offensive diversity — along with improved line play — is what contributed to the record-setting night.“We’re an offensive line-driven team. And they won the game for us. And they controlled that line of scrimmage,” Meyer said. “They protected our (redshirt-freshman) quarterback. J.T. (Barrett) played well. Other than a dropped third down and a fumble, I was very pleased for the night, offensively.”The explosive and balanced attack could have easily broken the school record, had it not been for a fumble by freshman running back Curtis Samuel and a dropped third-down pass by senior wide receiver Devin Smith, both in the second quarter. Despite the drop, though, Smith scored twice on the night.Smith’s fellow senior, tight end Jeff Heuerman, who recorded three catches for 38 yards Saturday after sitting out the Kent State game because of a foot injury, said the Buckeyes could have played even better.“We did a whole lot as an offense tonight. The crazy part is we didn’t play our best,” Heuerman said after the game. “We left points and yards out there, too. We punted once, but we fumbled and kicked two field goals. Overall, it was a pretty impressive performance.”Perhaps the most impressive performer was Barrett, who totaled 409 yards of offense. His performance left him just three yards shy of the all-time school record for most individual yards in a game, a mark held by Art Schlichter, a quarterback who accumulated 412 yards against Florida State in 1981.Barrett completed 26 of his 36 pass attempts for 330 yards Saturday, and six of those completions were to sophomore H-back Dontre Wilson, whom Barrett found wide open for a 24-yard score late in the third quarter.Wilson said Barrett’s hard work in practice is starting to show during games.“He is playing very well. I always knew he had it in him because he is such a great leader,” Wilson said. “He works really hard and now, he is just perfecting his craft.”Barrett said he attributes his big night to the big guys up front.“All the credit goes to the offensive line,” he said following the game. “They got it started for us and that’s what coach Meyer always talks about is relying on them to keep the offense going.”The Buckeyes seemed to do just that as Barrett was sacked only once, and OSU rushed for 380 yards.Of the 380 yards on the ground, 182 belonged to sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott in a new career high. But Elliott also said afterward that the offensive line deserves the credit, despite his big stat line.“It all goes to the line. The line made those big holes. It is not that hard to run when you got those gaping holes,” he said.Co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Tom Herman said following the game that it did not dawn on him how impressive Elliot was until after the clock hit zero.“I honestly didn’t realize we had run the ball so well until the end of the game,” Herman said. “The guys up front deserve a lot of that credit too. (Elliot) certainly got his pads north and south and was running through arm tackles, and it was fun to watch him run tonight.”Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said he thought his team played hard, but it couldn’t find a way to stop the Buckeye rushing game.“I’m proud of my team for fighting,” he said. “Effort was good on both sides and we played hard. We just got knocked off the ball on zone plays.”The win over the Bearcats marked Meyer’s first-ever win over Tuberville in three tries. Meyer lost twice to Tuberville when both coached in the Southeastern Conference at Florida and Auburn, respectively.The Buckeyes are set to travel to College Park, Md., to take on the Maryland Terrapins on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has revealed the club will have a quiet transfer window in January.The North London club became the first club since the inception of the transfer window, not to sign any players in the summer.Tottenham were linked with a host of players including Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish.Mauricio Pochettino’s side had two bids rejected for the England U-21 international with Aston Villa insisting the attacking midfielder is not for sale.However, despite talks of major additions to the squad when the transfer window reopens in January, Pochettino has played down talk of massive recruitment.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“We need to be careful how we manage January,” he said according to Sky Sports. “It is not a window where you can do many things and not affect the dynamic of the team and the group.“If you are doing well and you arrive in January, no one is going to change too much.”Meanwhile, Pochettino believes he is not the sole reason why the club’s top players are committing their immediate futures to the club.“For me I feel proud the players care about you, but I repeat the responsibility is wanting to play for the glory of the club.”
Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-Sullivan-SOTU.mp3VmJennifer-on-Sullivan-SOTU.mp300:00RPd Sen. Sullivan (R-AK): “It was optimistic about the future of America. You know one of the things I’ve been saying back home in our great state is we have a lot of challenges but, to me, there’s cause for a lot of optimism, and I think the President laid out a lot of what that optimism was about. ” Senator Sullivan also spoke about the focus on America’s economy, call for new infrastructure and the continued efforts to tackle the nation’s opioid crisis, and reverence for our nation’s heroes. Sen. Sullivan: “So, overall I think it was a strong first State of the Union address for the President, and laid out what most Alaskans are focused on. The optimism, that I think. is going to be important for us to take advantage of what I think is a future that is going to be bright for all of us.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan (R-AK) highlighted President Donald Trump’s tone of optimism during the Presidents first State of the Union address last night.
Eight wildland fire personnel from the Division of Forestry assisted firefighters from the Anchor Point Volunteer Fire Department, Ninilchik Emergency Services and Central Emergency Services to stop the spread of the fire. The fire was declared contained at approximately 4 p.m. With warmer-than-normal temperatures and early snow melt this spring, pre-green-up conditions on the Kenai Peninsula and most other areas around the state are very dry and vulnerable to wildfire. The dead, dry grass and brush are receptive to any ignition sources and residents should use caution with any kind of burning and other activities that could spark a wildfire. The fire was reported at 1:18 p.m. The fire started in a subdivision in the area of Oil Well Road and Bluff Drive.Ninilchik Emergency Services was first to arrive on scene and the fire was burning in grass, moving northeast up a bluff toward several homes. At least two homes immediately threatened by the fire were evacuated and the fire damaged siding on one home as it passed by. Firefighters were able to douse the fire before the structure became fully involved. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Local fire departments and the Alaska Division of Forestry helped keep a 2 ½ -acre brush fire in check Saturday in the area of Oil Well Road and Bluff Drive, in Ninilchik. No structures were lost in the fire and there were no injuries. The evacuation order was lifted at approximately 3:30 p.m. It was a human-caused fire but the specific cause is under investigation. For more information about safe burning practices in Alaska, go to https://dnr.alaska.gov/burn.