Lingfield Joy for Collins

first_img Press Association In doing so, the Tracey Collins-trained six-year-old secured his spot on All-Weather Championships Finals Day back at the Surrey circuit on Good Friday, after what was the latest in the series of fast-track qualifiers guaranteeing a run on the big card. Pat Smullen cut a confident figure throughout, tracking Brave Echo before hitting the front over a furlong out and always doing enough to hold Alfred Hutchinson, scoring by a ready length and a quarter. Smullen said of the 9-4 favourite: “He’s an improving horse, he’s always had talent and he’s putting it together now. He felt very fresh and well going to the start. “Tracey has done a great job with this horse and he will be a good ride here on Good Friday. He has early tactical speed, and whether it is seven furlongs or a mile is irrelevant to him.” Collins told At The Races: “Our aim was to come over here and get qualified. Sometimes plans don’t work out the way you want them, but today it has. “He really likes that surface – he handles it really well – and I think, with getting older, he has got more relaxed. He was quite a highly strung horse and he is taking his racing a little bit better this year. “He doesn’t take a lot of racing so he is going to get a break and we might freshen him up in a race at Dundalk on March 6 or we might come straight back here. “In fairness, he was rated 108 in 2013 and was beaten half a length by Fiesolana, who went on to win the Matron Stakes. He has always been a quality horse, but possibly just not good enough on grass at the higher end of racing. “I didn’t have concerns about the course but I did have concerns about the travelling because he had a very rough sailing coming over. Lingfield is a little bit tighter than Dundalk, but Captain Joy is a seasoned campaigner now.” center_img Captain Joy made the journey from Ireland pay a rich dividend as he took the Ladbrokes Conditions Stakes at Lingfield.last_img read more

Terry vows to prove innocence

first_imgChelsea and England captain John Terry has vowed to prove his innocence after the Football Association launched an investigation into allegations he racially abused QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.Videos circulated on the internet in the aftermath of Sunday’s west London derby, with some viewers claiming the footage shows Terry insulting Ferdinand using racist language.Terry strongly denies the allegations and said: “I welcome the FA enquiry and look forward to clearing my name.”AdChoices广告The Metropolitan Police has announced it is assessing evidence from the alleged incident after receiving a complaint.Earlier, Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted Terry had his club’s full support and that the issue had arisen as the result of a misunderstanding.Villas-Boas said: “We fully back John. He spoke to Anton after the game. For us it was the end of the story.Villas-Boas says Chelsea are fully behind their captain“John is a player of great responsibilities. I find it strange when people don’t trust the words of a representative from your country. For us the matter is over.”Chelsea have been charged by the FA with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the match.Blues duo Jose Bosingwa and Didier Drogba were sent off and seven other Chelsea players were booked in an ill-tempered game, which QPR won 1-0 – their first home victory since returning to the Premier League after a 15-year absence.The FA have also asked Villas-Boas to explain his post-match comments about the officials.The Portuguese revealed he had been “aggressive” towards referee Chris Foy and was angry that Chelsea had two appeals for a second-half penalty ignored.last_img read more

Chris Gavina open to coaching UE Red Warriors

first_imgJiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netFormer PBA coach Chris Gavina admits that if the opportunity comes knocking, he won’t hesitate to accept the head coaching job in University of the East.But for now, he’s still keeping his options open.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Recto seeks to establish Taal rehab body to aid community, eruption victims Jalen Green puts Kai Sotto on a poster: ‘I just want to put on a show’ Red Cross, umapela sa may ubo at lagnat na huwag nang pumunta sa Traslacion PLAY LIST 02:55Red Cross, umapela sa may ubo at lagnat na huwag nang pumunta sa Traslacion00:50Trending Articles06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award “There’s no formal acceptance. It’s just been a conversation. Like I said, it was presented to me. There hasn’t been any formal offer or anything. They said, I’m high on their list. Just for me to consider being able to take it is really humbling,” he said. “But my concentration right now is on our team to move to the semis. I’ll be able to think about it over the Holy Week, hopefully.”UE, however, has Paulo Hubalde on its side as the guard has been vehemently persuading Gavina to take the job, which has definitely piqued the Fil-Am mentor’s interest.“I’ve been really asking about the program. Paulo Hubalde is one of my players in Team Valenzuela and he’s really breaking down of how culture was back then and how things have kinda changed,” he said. “He’s trying to push me towards the direction of taking it. It’s kinda a one-sided conversation with him. Like I said, I’m weighing out a lot of options and see where we’ll go from there.”Gavina ended: “It’s just a matter of really just timing. If I had really the time to just focus on that, I think I’d be able to make a quicker decision. But with the MPBL playoffs going on, I kind of spending a lot of time with game preparation. One thing at a time.”ADVERTISEMENT Conor McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew “Let’s just say it was presented to me,” he shared on Friday after coaching in the 2018 Darlington NBTC Division 1 All-Star Game.“Am I gonna take it? I mean the opportunity is there. I’m never one to just not be open to see my options. I’m all about winning. If I feel as if it’s an opportunity for me to turn a program or culture around like I have been in Team Valenzuela for the MPBL, coaching is all about being able to make an impact on young players’ lives, so if I get that opportunity, then I’ll definitely consider it.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkGavina has emerged as of the contenders to take over for the Red Warriors post after getting into talks with some of the school’s officials last week.But the former Kia mentor clarified that he hasn’t accepted anything yet as his focus remains with the Valenzuela Classic in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League.center_img MOST READ In Liverpool, Man United sees the pain and path to recovery Cabuyao City rising above the ashes through volunteerism Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Scarlett Johansson, Sterling K. Brown among SAG Awards presenters Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more

West Ham target Hatem Ben Arfa signs for Ligue 1 club

first_img 1 IN DEMAND Ben Arfa’s most successful period in his career came as a Newcastle player Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Ben Arfa has not played a competitive game since the latter stages of the 2016-17 season.Once of Newcastle, Ben Arfa joined PSG in 2016 after an impressive season at Ligue 1 rivals Nice. Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Latest Transfer News LIVING THE DREAM Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti LATEST The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star targets RANKED targets Hatem Ben Arfa has signed for Ligue 1 side Rennes on a one-year contract.The former France international, who was linked with a move to West Ham this summer, has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of last season. moving on REVEALED Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summerlast_img read more

LORETO LETTERKENNY 5K DETAILS ANNOUNCED

first_imgTHE LORETO Convent Letterkenny 5k fun run and road race will take place this year on Wednesday September 23 with organisers promising a great event.So there are no excuses for not taking part!The event will start and finish at he convent with a 7pm start and registration from 5.30pm. There are loads of prizes on offer.Runners entry fee is €8, it’s €5 for walkers and €20 for families. LORETO LETTERKENNY 5K DETAILS ANNOUNCED was last modified: September 9th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:5kdonegalloreto convent letterkennylast_img read more