Two Local football experts shared mixed views on the Reggae Boyz’s chances against Nicaragua in the second leg of their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in Manugua, this evening at 8:30.pm.Football analyst and administrator, Clyde Jureidini, believes the Boyz are that much better than their opponent and will get the required two or more goals to see themselves through to the next round.However, former national assistant coach, Bradley Stewart, thought the Boyz got it so wrong first time around that he doubts if they can get it right this time, especially with so many first-choice players out.”I expect they would correct the errors.. and that they come in a more serious frame of mind and start with a lot more urgency at the beginning of the game and put pressure on the opponent, even though they are at home and, hopefully, that pressure should count for the amount of goals we need,” said Jureidini.improvement mandatoryHowever, he warned that there cannot be a repeat of the indiscipline that cost the team in the first leg on Friday.”The disparity (between the teams) was largely in the execution … our discipline and application to the task we should correct. Having lost the first game, we should come out and play much better and with a lot more purpose to get the result,” he added.Stewart, on the other, has his doubts, based on the application in the first game and the fact that more first-choice players might miss this match.”What you call this? Mission Impossible? the veteran coach mused. “For the first game, we weren’t ready psychologically, and we underestimated this team. There were many things that were depressing … and when you make those mistakes at this level, I don’t think you are going to recover,” he assessed more seriously.”Given what has happened to Wes Morgan, (Jobi) McAnuff and (Gareth) McCleary (absent due to club commitments), Gil Barnes can’t play on (astro) turf, and Austin might not play, and if Austin don’t play, our defensive capabilities will be hampered,” he continued.However, he thinks Jamaica are much better and good enough to get the result and advance.”It doesn’t help them (Nicaragua) to play too defensive, as we will create chances, so they have to play cautious. This team is rated 139th, and we are rated 52, so there must be a difference.”But if we get the approach so wrong in the first match, then I am wondering if we can get it right this time around,” he questioned.
Rivals George Groves and James DeGale have renewed their war of words ahead of Groves’ clash with former world champion Glen Johnson this weekend.The unbeaten Groves defends his Commonwealth super-middleweight title at the ExCel London – seven days after European champion DeGale had to grind out a points win against Fulgencio Zuniga in Hull.Courtesy of iFilm LondonBoth fighters are on course for world title shots next year and DeGale has made it clear he is keen to take on the likes of IBF champion Carl Froch.But Groves insists he is making better progress than his fellow West Londoner.“He’s putting in poor performances so he’s going to have to try to chase names, whereas I plan to put in a good performance on Saturday and then people will really know what I’m all about,” said Groves.Francis Warren, part of Groves’ promotional team – which previously promoted DeGale – added: “Look at the difference between George’s fight on Saturday – where he’s fighting and the crowd that’s going to be there – and [DeGale] on Saturday. There’s no comparison.”Since losing a close points decision against Groves when they met in May last year, DeGale has fought in Denmark and twice in the north of England.Groves, on the other hand, is preparing for another appearance at a major venue in the capital, having beaten Paul Smith at Wembley Arena 13 months ago.But DeGale told West London Sport: “Sure I’d like to fight in London and I will do in the future, but I also want to fight all over England and let people see me in action.“At the end of the day I’m fighting in front of millions of people on terrestrial television. Groves isn’t. Simple as that.”West London Sport will have live updates from Groves v Johnson on Saturday, as well as Steve O’Meara’s Commonwealth light-middleweight title fight against Liam Smith.See also:Let history decideDeGale tipped to silence ‘mental’ criticsWarren vows to get Groves a world title fightConfident Johnson fires warning to GrovesDeGale boxes his way to points victoryGroves believes he can stop JohnsonJames DeGale talks about his recent win and future plansWatch the Groves v Johnson pre-fight press conferenceGroves discusses Johnson and a potential clash with FrochWatch Groves and Johnson square-up at their weigh-inGroves warned ahead of title showdownDeGale opts to give up European titleJohnson speaks ahead of his fight with George GrovesO’Meara ready to seize title chanceDeGale backs O’Meara to win 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device SANTA CLARA — Wearing the all-white throwback jerseys from their last Super Bowl-winning team 25 years ago, the 49ers indeed looked the part and ran their undefeated start to 7-0 Sunday.The 51-13 rout of the Carolina Panthers was their most convincing win yet.Defensively, Nick Bosa led the way with three sacks and his first career interception, sparking the Levi’s Stadium crowd to serenade him with chants of …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) awarded 16 Best of the Buckeye scholarships at the Ohio Beef Expo on Saturday, March 17. The Best of the Buckeye program is coordinated by OCA and held in conjunction with the Ohio Beef Expo and Ohio State Fair. The Best of the Buckeye Scholarship Division is sponsored by Ohio Ag Equipment and Ohio Cat.The Best of the Buckeye program awarded $500 scholarships to program participants to offset the cost of purchasing, raising and exhibiting a Best of the Buckeye nominated calf awarded based on show experience and need. These scholarships were awarded to participants of all ages, whether they are looking for a boost to get started or they are a more experienced showman, but could use a little help offsetting the cost of a steer or heifer project.Recipients of the scholarship are as follows: Brandon Barr, Xenia, Ohio; Raymond Beneker, Hamilton, Ohio; Brooklyn Cunningham, Howard, Ohio; Jordan Flax, London, Ohio; Russell Fox, Tiffin, Ohio; Claire French, Wakeman, Ohio; Shala Graham, Frazeysburg, Ohio; Blaine Grant, Hicksville, Ohio; Heath Hamer, Green Springs, Ohio; Emma Lewis, Litchfield, Ohio; Lukas Perry, Woodville, Ohio; Tatumn Poff, Chardon, Ohio; Brock Retcher, Defiance, Ohio; Gracie Stirm, Galion, Ohio; Alexis Watkins, Carey, Ohio; and Connor Yochum, Hillsboro, Ohio.This year’s sponsoring partners of the Best of the Buckeye Program are The Folks Printing and Dickson Cattle Company, heifer division; Jones Show Cattle and R.D. Jones Excavating, steer division; Ohio Ag Equipment and Ohio Cat, scholarship division and Sullivan Supply and Stock Show University, breeder recognition. Thanks to these generous sponsors, $60,000 will be given through premiums at each show, scholarships and awards for both participants and breeders. OCA would like to thank these sponsors for contributing to a successful fifth year of the Best of the Buckeye program.
zoom Japanese shipping company Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line) has unveiled plans to launch a new containership service of China Saigon Indonesia (CSI) services.The company said that the service will have direct port coverage from China to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and Indonesia.“This ensures faster transit time especially to Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta and Semarang compared with current transship product and expanded service network,” K Line said, adding that it would deploy a vessel by itself on the service.A total of four boxships, with a carrying capacity of 2500 TEUs, will be deployed on the new containership service.K Line said that the port rotation will be Qingdao (China) – Shanghai – Ningbo – Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) – Jakarta (Indonesia) – Semarang – Xiamen (China) – Qingdao.The service is scheduled to start on December 26 from Qingdao.
Mumbai: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Sunday deployed a helicopter to rescue around 35 people who were stranded at a village in Thane district of Maharashtra following heavy rains, an official said. The people were stuck at their water-logged homes in Ju-Nandkhuri village near Khadavli in Kalyan taluka since 10 am, Thane’s resident deputy collector Shivaji Patil said. “One Mi 17 helicopter has been launched by IAF from Santacruz (in Mumbai) on request of the state government towards rescue of 35 residents of the village,” a defence official said. All efforts were being made to bring the stranded people to a safer place, Patil said. With the Bhatsa river in spate, several villages in and around Kalyan taluka were inundated, he said, adding that Ju-Nandkhuri village was the worst hit. Mumbai and its neighbouring Thane and Palghar districts have been witnessing incessant rains since the last two days.