17 September 2007London-listed Petra Diamonds and a local empowerment partner have bought the disused Kimberley Underground mines in the Northern Cape province from De Beers for R78.5-million and plan to restore production within the next six to 12 months.Petra Diamonds said in a statement last week that it had formed a joint venture with Sedibeng Mining, its black economic empowerment (BEE) partner, to acquire the mining and associated assets of the Wesselton, Du Toitspan and Bultfontein mines, which together constitute the Kimberley Underground mines.Petra will own 74% and Sedibent 26% of Kimberley Underground mines, which has an expected lifespan of at least 12 years. De Beers halted its underground operations around Kimberley in late 2005.“Alongside Petra’s highly prospective Angolan exploration assets, the acquisition of Kimberley Underground is an important addition to Petra’s substantial base of producing assets in South Africa,” Petra Diamonds chairman Adonis Pouroulis said.“Together, Kimberley Underground, Koffiefontein and Petra’s fissure mines will contribute an annual production in two years’ time of around 400 000 carats.”Petra expects annual production from Kimberley Underground to be in excess of 100 000 carats, bringing in revenue of approximately US$16-million (R115-million) per year.The company said that it would pay De BeersR15-million in cash, while the remainingR63.5-million would be used to assume De Beers’ rehabilitation obligations for Kimberley Underground mines.According to the company, which has operations in South Africa, Botswana, Angola and Sierra Leone, it will run the mines on a care and maintenance basis on behalf of De Beers until it receives all required mining authorisations from South African authorities to mine in its own right.These include the transfer of mining rights and the transfer and delegation of rehabilitation obligations and various liabilities.Petra diamonds already operates two mines in the Free State province and one each in North West province and the Northern Cape.SAinfo reporter Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo material
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Ohio Cattlemen’s Association (OCA) awarded 16 Best of the Buckeye scholarships at the Ohio Beef Expo on Saturday, March 17. The Best of the Buckeye program is coordinated by OCA and held in conjunction with the Ohio Beef Expo and Ohio State Fair. The Best of the Buckeye Scholarship Division is sponsored by Ohio Ag Equipment and Ohio Cat.The Best of the Buckeye program awarded $500 scholarships to program participants to offset the cost of purchasing, raising and exhibiting a Best of the Buckeye nominated calf awarded based on show experience and need. These scholarships were awarded to participants of all ages, whether they are looking for a boost to get started or they are a more experienced showman, but could use a little help offsetting the cost of a steer or heifer project.Recipients of the scholarship are as follows: Brandon Barr, Xenia, Ohio; Raymond Beneker, Hamilton, Ohio; Brooklyn Cunningham, Howard, Ohio; Jordan Flax, London, Ohio; Russell Fox, Tiffin, Ohio; Claire French, Wakeman, Ohio; Shala Graham, Frazeysburg, Ohio; Blaine Grant, Hicksville, Ohio; Heath Hamer, Green Springs, Ohio; Emma Lewis, Litchfield, Ohio; Lukas Perry, Woodville, Ohio; Tatumn Poff, Chardon, Ohio; Brock Retcher, Defiance, Ohio; Gracie Stirm, Galion, Ohio; Alexis Watkins, Carey, Ohio; and Connor Yochum, Hillsboro, Ohio.This year’s sponsoring partners of the Best of the Buckeye Program are The Folks Printing and Dickson Cattle Company, heifer division; Jones Show Cattle and R.D. Jones Excavating, steer division; Ohio Ag Equipment and Ohio Cat, scholarship division and Sullivan Supply and Stock Show University, breeder recognition. Thanks to these generous sponsors, $60,000 will be given through premiums at each show, scholarships and awards for both participants and breeders. OCA would like to thank these sponsors for contributing to a successful fifth year of the Best of the Buckeye program.
Use the liquify tool in After Effects as a cunning way to give characters realistic emotions.Giving human-like emotions to 2D characters is a unique challenge. It has to be executed skillfully to feel ‘natural’. Unfortunately, for many motion designers this is too difficult or time consuming.We recently came across the following tutorial which offers up a unique approach for creating realistic character emotions in After Effects. The tutorial uses the liquify tool to animate create facial expressions in AE. Fundamentals covered include:Liquify ToolExpressionsRigging HairUsing the Puppet ToolAll of the techniques in this tutorial are applied to a still picture, but the liquify tool still works on live action footage and moving objects as well. If you have any uses for this technique let us know in the comments below!This tutorial was first shared by Daniel Gies on his Vimeo Page. Thanks for sharing Daniel!Have any tips for using this technique? Share in the comments below.
Sharad Yadav, chief of a parliamentary standing committee, will review CWG decisions taken by urban development.The UPA government is in for another round of headache as a parliamentary committee panel, headed by an Opposition leader, has decided to probe projects executed by the union urban development ministry for hoisting Commonwealth Games 2010.It is learnt that the parliamentary standing committee on urban development, headed by Janta Dal (United) leader Sharad Yadav, has convened a meeting on January 18 to look into the projects handled by the ministry for conducting the biggest ever sporting event.Sharad Yadav confirmed to Mail Today that a meeting has been convened and the agenda is CWG. However, he refused to share any other detail of the meeting slotted for next-week.Mohinder Singh Kaypee, a Congress MP from Jalandhar, said the panel is going to review the contracts made and other decisions taken for the Games by the urban development ministry, headed by Jaipal Reddy.Though Reddy was head of the Empowered Group of Ministers for the timely execution of Games projects including the opening and closing ceremonies, he was slammed for the mess in the construction of stadia and the Commonwealth Games Village, situated near Akshardham temple in East Delhi.The ministry, which has been apprised of the meeting to ensure their officials’ presence, had executed projects through the central public works department (CPWD) and Delhi Development Authority.Of the total Rs 11,494 crore (over $ 2 billon) spent by the Centre, the Delhi government had made an expenditure of Rs 600-700 crore (around $ 130 million).advertisementApart from the standing committee, other agencies and panels are probing different aspects of the great games loot. They are the Prime Minister-appointed V. K. Shunglu Committee, Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Income Tax Department and Enforcement Directorate.Interestingly, the CAG is likely to complete its probe on the CWG by the end of this month and table its report in the budget session. The CAG’s CWG reports will subsequently be looked into by the BJP headed public accounts committee (PAC), which is attracting news these days as it is looking into the 2G spectrum scandal, as well.The findings of the standing committee on urban development will give another ammunition to the Opposition parties which have made their intentions clear by making the CWG loot and 2G spectrum scam as corruption issues to corner the Congress- led coalition government.The government is already red faced as the Opposition stalled the Parliament from functioning, demanding a jointparliamentary committee to look into the spectrum scam.Much of the urban development ministry’s work was done through Delhi Development Authority that will be scrutinised by 31 panel members, most of whom come from Lok Sabha.For instance, the DDA through public-private partnership had built the CWG village, which was criticised by the visiting delegates of the participating nation for being in a shamble prior to the start of the games. After the Games were over, Reddy cracked the whip on private village developer EMAAR MGF by asking the DDA to confiscate the bank guarantee of Rs 183 crore for failing to honour the contract.Similarly, the CPWD is already under attack, owing to a preliminary CAG finding, for allegedly paying contractor, Ahluwalia Constructions, twice for the same job at Talkatora swimming pool complex. Agencies already looking into the Games scandalV.K. Shunglu Committee A high-level committee appointed by the Prime Minister to look into corruption and systemic failures in the conduct of the CWGComptroller and Auditor General The reports of the CAG are taken into consideration by the public accounts committees, which are special committees in the Parliament of India and the state legislatures (Vidhan Sabha and Vidhan Parishad)CBI A government agency of India that serves as a criminal investigation body, national security agency and intelligence agencyEnforcement DirectorateIs a law enforcement agency and economic intelligence agency responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime in IndiaIncome Tax DepartmentIs governed by the Central Board for Direct Taxes and is part of the department of revenue under the ministry of finance
Aston Villa ace Jack Grealish: How Ireland link sparkedby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAston Villa star Jack Grealish has spoken how he sparked an international tug of war for his future.Grealish had trials for England at youth level when he was 15 but ended up hitting his head on a sink and had to be sent home.Before the next camp came around, Grealish ended up having trials for Ireland. Grealish told The Sun: “When I was young, I had trials for England. I think I was 15.”I got there and I was rooming with Diego Poyet, Gus Poyet’s son.”I woke up in the middle of the night.”I don’t know what it was, but I somehow collapsed in the bathroom and hit my head on the sink.”Grealish added that he wanted to stay at the training camp but wasn’t allowed to. After hitting his head on the sink, Grealish was sent home and ended up playing for Ireland at youth levelHe said: “Diego woke up and found me. I had to go and get checked out by the doctors.”The next morning I was completely fine, and I was like, ‘Please let me stay, let me stay’.”But they said, ‘No, you need to go home. You can come to the next camp’. “During that time I had trials for Ireland.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
APTN National NewsAlex Decoteau became Canada’s first Indigenous police officer in 1911.He was also an outstanding Olympic athlete until his untimely death in the First World War.But as APTN’s Keith Laboucan explain, Decoteau’s legacy continues to live on through a new comic book commemorating his many achievements.
OSU sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa (left) forces a fumble from Cincinnati redshirt-sophomore quarterback Gunner Kiel during a Sept. 27 game at Ohio Stadium. The fumble resulted in an OSU safety.Credit: Chelsea Spears / Multimedia editorLed by a redshirt-freshman quarterback and a largely inexperienced offensive line, Ohio State put on one of the best offensive performances in school history Saturday, as it rolled to a 50-28 victory against Cincinnati.The Buckeye offense totaled 710 total yards against the Bearcats, just eight yards shy of the school record.In addition to yardage, the Buckeyes broke the school record and tied an FBS record for first downs with 45 and tied a school record for most plays run with 101.OSU coach Urban Meyer said after the game that the offensive diversity — along with improved line play — is what contributed to the record-setting night.“We’re an offensive line-driven team. And they won the game for us. And they controlled that line of scrimmage,” Meyer said. “They protected our (redshirt-freshman) quarterback. J.T. (Barrett) played well. Other than a dropped third down and a fumble, I was very pleased for the night, offensively.”The explosive and balanced attack could have easily broken the school record, had it not been for a fumble by freshman running back Curtis Samuel and a dropped third-down pass by senior wide receiver Devin Smith, both in the second quarter. Despite the drop, though, Smith scored twice on the night.Smith’s fellow senior, tight end Jeff Heuerman, who recorded three catches for 38 yards Saturday after sitting out the Kent State game because of a foot injury, said the Buckeyes could have played even better.“We did a whole lot as an offense tonight. The crazy part is we didn’t play our best,” Heuerman said after the game. “We left points and yards out there, too. We punted once, but we fumbled and kicked two field goals. Overall, it was a pretty impressive performance.”Perhaps the most impressive performer was Barrett, who totaled 409 yards of offense. His performance left him just three yards shy of the all-time school record for most individual yards in a game, a mark held by Art Schlichter, a quarterback who accumulated 412 yards against Florida State in 1981.Barrett completed 26 of his 36 pass attempts for 330 yards Saturday, and six of those completions were to sophomore H-back Dontre Wilson, whom Barrett found wide open for a 24-yard score late in the third quarter.Wilson said Barrett’s hard work in practice is starting to show during games.“He is playing very well. I always knew he had it in him because he is such a great leader,” Wilson said. “He works really hard and now, he is just perfecting his craft.”Barrett said he attributes his big night to the big guys up front.“All the credit goes to the offensive line,” he said following the game. “They got it started for us and that’s what coach Meyer always talks about is relying on them to keep the offense going.”The Buckeyes seemed to do just that as Barrett was sacked only once, and OSU rushed for 380 yards.Of the 380 yards on the ground, 182 belonged to sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott in a new career high. But Elliott also said afterward that the offensive line deserves the credit, despite his big stat line.“It all goes to the line. The line made those big holes. It is not that hard to run when you got those gaping holes,” he said.Co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Tom Herman said following the game that it did not dawn on him how impressive Elliot was until after the clock hit zero.“I honestly didn’t realize we had run the ball so well until the end of the game,” Herman said. “The guys up front deserve a lot of that credit too. (Elliot) certainly got his pads north and south and was running through arm tackles, and it was fun to watch him run tonight.”Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said he thought his team played hard, but it couldn’t find a way to stop the Buckeye rushing game.“I’m proud of my team for fighting,” he said. “Effort was good on both sides and we played hard. We just got knocked off the ball on zone plays.”The win over the Bearcats marked Meyer’s first-ever win over Tuberville in three tries. Meyer lost twice to Tuberville when both coached in the Southeastern Conference at Florida and Auburn, respectively.The Buckeyes are set to travel to College Park, Md., to take on the Maryland Terrapins on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.
Jose Mourinho used an old metaphor of Cristiano Ronaldo’s in describing Romelu Lukaku‘s current struggles in front of goal for Manchester UnitedThe Belgian striker has found the net only four times in 13 appearances for United and was benched by Mourinho in their latest Premier League encounter against his old club Everton.Following his 25-minute cameo in Sunday’s 2-1 win at Old Trafford, Lukaku has now failed to score in his last nine matches for United.But Mourinho remains unconcerned and reckons that the goals will soon come flooding out for Lukaku – just like shaking a ketchup bottle.“I think one of the best scorers in football had funny words about it,” Mourinho told Sky Sports.“It was when Cristiano Ronaldo was speaking about the ketchup bottle and when you [shake it]. The goals are coming and coming and coming.Capello calls Lukaku “a modern striker” Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The former Italian manager believes Romelu Lukaku is perfectly suited for Antonio Conte’s Internazionale Milan in the Serie A.“I believe with Lukaku that this will happen, but the reality is that, at this moment, it’s not happening.“There have been lots of matches in which he’s not scored a goal, and not just scoring but also the performances, the happiness in the performances, I think is the problem.“But he’s a good player, a good boy, and I think the best way to do it is to just keep working and the moment will arrive.”Ronaldo once used the ketchup bottle metaphor in 2010, where he was going through his own goal drought ahead of that summer’s World Cup in South Africa.The Portuguese star explained at the time that goals are like “ketchup – when it comes out (of the bottle) it all comes out at once”.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has revealed the club will have a quiet transfer window in January.The North London club became the first club since the inception of the transfer window, not to sign any players in the summer.Tottenham were linked with a host of players including Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish.Mauricio Pochettino’s side had two bids rejected for the England U-21 international with Aston Villa insisting the attacking midfielder is not for sale.However, despite talks of major additions to the squad when the transfer window reopens in January, Pochettino has played down talk of massive recruitment.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“We need to be careful how we manage January,” he said according to Sky Sports. “It is not a window where you can do many things and not affect the dynamic of the team and the group.“If you are doing well and you arrive in January, no one is going to change too much.”Meanwhile, Pochettino believes he is not the sole reason why the club’s top players are committing their immediate futures to the club.“For me I feel proud the players care about you, but I repeat the responsibility is wanting to play for the glory of the club.”
Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-Sullivan-SOTU.mp3VmJennifer-on-Sullivan-SOTU.mp300:00RPd Sen. Sullivan (R-AK): “It was optimistic about the future of America. You know one of the things I’ve been saying back home in our great state is we have a lot of challenges but, to me, there’s cause for a lot of optimism, and I think the President laid out a lot of what that optimism was about. ” Senator Sullivan also spoke about the focus on America’s economy, call for new infrastructure and the continued efforts to tackle the nation’s opioid crisis, and reverence for our nation’s heroes. Sen. Sullivan: “So, overall I think it was a strong first State of the Union address for the President, and laid out what most Alaskans are focused on. The optimism, that I think. is going to be important for us to take advantage of what I think is a future that is going to be bright for all of us.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan (R-AK) highlighted President Donald Trump’s tone of optimism during the Presidents first State of the Union address last night.