Mikel Arteta is set to accept Arsenal’s job offer (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are increasingly confident of appointing Mikel Arteta as their next manager this week after holding late-night talks with the Spaniard on Sunday, sources have told Metro.co.uk.Senior figures from the Gunners, including managing director Vinai Venkatesham and contract negotiator Huss Fahmy, were seen leaving Arteta’s Manchester residence early on Monday morning following City’s 3-0 win against the Gunners on Sunday afternoon.Metro.co.uk revealed on Saturday that City expected an approach from the Gunners following Sunday’s clash at the Emirates and the club had already given Arteta permission to speak to his former side about an exit from the Eithad.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe meeting at Arteta’s house lasted around two-and-a-half-hours, where he was given promises about the club’s budget, updates on contract renewals and assurances over the board’s expectations in the short-term.ADVERTISEMENTArteta had been one of a number of candidates to replace Unai Emery a fortnight ago but he’s now the leading contender and the Spaniard has made it clear that he’s willing to put reservations over taking the job in mid-season to one side in order to accept his ‘dream job’.The Gunners had been willing to bide their time over an appointment but just one win in five matches under Freddie Ljungberg has hastened the club’s pursuit of a new manager. Arteta has served under Guardiola for three years (Picture: Getty)City will not stand in Arteta’s way and had been willing to let him leave 18 months ago, when the Spaniard was ‘heartbroken’ to be overlooked in favour of Emery in the running to become Arsene Wenger’s successor.Arteta has long been touted as a replacement for Guardiola but City do not view the 37-year-old as a viable option once Guardiola steps down. Both Newcastle and Everton have both shown interest in Arteta during the last 12 months but the Spaniard made it clear to Guardiola that he would not leave City for anyone other than Arsenal.Arsenal will have to pay a small compensation fee to City to hire Arteta and the Spaniard can expect a substantial improvement on his £900,000-a-year salary at the Etihad.Arteta had been in north London earlier on Sunday to witness first hand the chaos at Arsenal.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityCity beat the Gunners 3-0 at the Emirates and interim boss Freddie Ljungberg urged the club afterwards to speed up their move to appoint a replacement for Emery.‘I think it needs to be cleared up, to make a decision so everybody knows,’ the Swede said after the game.Arteta joined Arsenal in 2011 from Everton and spent five years at the club before retiring in 2016 in order to work with Guardiola at the Etihad.MORE: Europa League round of 32 draw: Arsenal vs Olympiacos; Man Utd vs Club Brugge Arsenal confident of making Mikel Arteta appointment in next 48 hours Comment Advertisement Advertisement Sean KearnsMonday 16 Dec 2019 2:01 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link7kShares Arsenal’s chief executive Vinai Venkatesham visited Arteta at his home (Eamonn and James Clarke)Pep Guardiola admitted after Sunday’s game that the decision was in Arteta’s hands and the pair were set to meet on Monday afternoon, where it was expected that Arteta would convey his desire to join Arsenal.When asked about Arteta’s situation after City’s win over Arsenal, Guardiola replied. ‘If it happens, it will happen.‘When he wants to talk we are open to talk but it’s private, I don’t want to make things uncomfortable.’
The Block 2016 apartment kitchen by Will and Karlie who went on to win the series.The couple were looking to partner with a firm which is a new home builder, according to Karlie.“It is a family-owned and operated business, which values contemporary quality design, and goes above and beyond to help clients find their dream homes — so the partnership came very naturally, and is a perfect fit for us.“We’re thrilled to be part of their exceptional team and in addition to representing the company, we’re really keen to meet their customers. “We would love to help during the design process, as I know from experience how daunting it can be, and having access to the Evolve Design Studio is priceless.”Karlie said they were big fans of co-ordinating a neutral base palette with pops of colour, greenery and clever lighting design for a classic and modern look. Will and Karlie’s guest bedroom on The Block. Picture: Channel 9 Will and Karlie Bethune in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley. Picture: Liam Kidston.THE last winners of reality television series The Block – Queensland couple Will and Karlie Bethune – have been putting their newfound fame to good use.The couple are looking to hold masterclass style workshops sharing lessons learned on their renovation journey.The high school sweethearts walked away from last year’s series with $815,000 in winnings.The bulk of that came from $715,000 profit off the sale of their stunning apartment which sold for $2.6million with the reserve set at $1.885m. They also took home the $100,000 grand prize for having the highest profit last season.The pair were fresh homeowners when they went on the show, after buying a three bedroom home off Will’s father for $350,000 in January 2016, according to property records.The home, which sits on a 632sq m block, had one bathroom and a single garage when they took it over.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor3 hours agoBut the couple won’t have to look far to modernise the property now, having just signed on to hold masterclass style workshops via Queensland building firm Bold Living.
Vliegend Personeel, the €8.2bn scheme for pilots, said it failed to meet the required financial buffers by 1 percentage point, after its policy funding dropped to 117.9%.Cabinepersoneel reported quarterly returns of 3.2%, 1.8% and 0.6% on fixed income, equity and real estate, respectively, and said its interest hedge added 1 percentage point to its return of 3.4%The pension fund’s return year to date is 7.2%.Algemeen Pensioenfonds KLM, the €7.9bn scheme for ground staff, posted second-quarter and first-half returns of 3.5% and 6.9%, respectively.During the last quarter, its fixed income, equity and real estate portfolios returned 4.1%, 1.9% and 0.5%, respectively.Funding, as of the end of June, stood at 101.7%.The pilots pension fund produced second-quarter and first-half returns of 2.6% and 4.2%, respectively, while its coverage ratio stood at 112.5% as of the end of the quarter. In other news, Vervoer, the €23bn sector scheme for private road transport, has returned 15.8% year to date.As a result, its funding increased by 1.3 percentage points to 99%.The €3.3bn Pensioenfonds TNO, meanwhile, has returned 8.2% on investments year to date, attributing the result largely to its fixed income holdings, which returned 12.2%.It incurred a 2.9% loss on equities, however, while producing neutral results on property and private equity.The research institute’s scheme said its interest and currency hedges had contributed 0.9% and 0.2%, respectively, to its first-half performance.It closed the second quarter with a funding of 105.6% and a policy coverage of 107.9%. KLM’s three main pension funds generated returns of up to 3.5% over the second quarter on the back of positive results on all asset classes.The investment returns, however, failed to offset the negative impact of falling interest rates on liabilities, resulting in a slight drop of the schemes’ coverage ratios.By contrast, their policy funding – the 12-month average of their coverage, and the main criterion for rights cuts and indexation – fell by almost 3 percentage points.As a consequence, Cabinepersoneel, the €2.7bn pension fund for cabin staff, saw its policy coverage decrease to 102.8%, causing a funding shortfall.
The wallpaper is reminiscent of a retro Playboy magazine — and this is a bathroom for guests.A house with custom-made wallpaper of naked ladies in its bathroom is set to go under the hammer this weekend — and is expected to draw quite the crowd.The home at 179 Flockton St, Everton Park, has a powder room which is covered from floor to ceiling in wallpaper featuring retro semi-nude women posing seductively. Retro house gets its boogie on More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus13 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market13 hours agoThe carved eagle — scary or impressive?It even has a squash court and sauna, along with an in-ground pool, spa and bar.Place Newmarket agent Ross Armstrong said about 180 groups had inspected the property since the marketing campaign was launched in mid-January.“It’s been a bit of a museum to be honest (and) a lot of neighbours have been coming through,” Mr Armstrong said.“People just like the old style and I’ve never seen anything like it.” It looks like The Proclaimers would walk 500 miles to get to this carpet.That’s not where the quirks end in this abode, which was built in 1982, with a giant carved eagle at the entrance of the home, to tartan carpet in pool room.It must have been quite the spectacle back in its heyday, with more than a massive 700sq m of under roof living on a 1ha block. It even has its own squash court.Mr Armstrong said they initially had the house for sale by private treaty but decided to change to an auction after they received interest from both owner occupiers and developers. And a sauna, to, ya’know, wind down after your game of squash.He said he was expecting a number of registered bidders on the day and had a hunch an owner occupier might outbid a developer at the end of the day, although with an auction you can never be sure.“A couple of people want to live there and run a business out of it,” he said.“Most of them want to keep it in its current style and potentially do some cosmetic work internally.”The house will go to auction this Saturday, March 16 at 2pm.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:44Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:44 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p288p288p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow to bid at auction for your dream home? 01:45
NJBPU plans to hold one or more competitive solicitations for open access offshore wind transmission facilities and related interconnection facilities. The solicitation/s will be conducted separately from any other solicitation for offshore wind turbine electricity generation facilities. The expanded definition will allow these open access transmission facilities to be eligible for offshore wind renewable energy certificates (ORECs). The law has also amended the definition of an OREC. The definition also includes all associated interconnection facilities and equipment in the Atlantic Ocean and connected to the electric transmission system in the State of New Jersey that is connected with a wind turbine electricity generation facility in the Atlantic Ocean and approved by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU). “This legislation will allow for increased competition in future offshore wind solicitations. Open-access transmission enables wind generators to plug into a planned, efficient system that delivers more energy with less risk while protecting the environment.” Open access offshore wind transmission facility is a high voltage transmission facility that conforms to applicable FERC regulations and policies regarding open access transmission, the law says. New Jersey’s Governor Phil Murphy has signed into law a bill which expands the definition of a “qualified offshore wind project” to include an “open access offshore wind transmission facility”. ”Allowing the Board of Public Utilities to bid projects specifically for open-access transmission is an enormous step forward in creating a more robust, affordable offshore wind industry in New Jersey, while minimizing the impact on our ocean environment and critical fisheries,” Janice Fuller, New Jersey President of Anbaric. OREC now represents the environmental attributes equivalent to one megawatt hour of electric generation, and, additionally, one megawatt of electric transmission transfer capability from a qualified offshore wind project.
Listen Monday Night (9-30) at 5:45 on The Sports Voice-Country 103.9 WRBI for Coaches Corner with Hall of Famer at Ison’s Family Pizza in Batesville.Ron’s guests include Steve Cotherman-East Central Cross Country, Tom Meyer-Batesville Golf, Kateri Paul & Jody Thomas-Batesville Volleyball, and Eric Heppner-Batesville Football.A huge thanks to Ison’s Family Pizza for hosting Coaches Corner.
In my job as the host of Coaches’ Corner, I get to interview high school athletes from the area. What a difference it is interviewing these student athletes today than when I started over 30 years ago.Today the athletes are not afraid of the microphone nor are they at a loss for words. Only occasionally one of these athletes has to hesitate before they give an answer. Students today are so much more involved in many activities that they feel at ease in most situations. I can still remember an early interview when I asked a young man how it felt to score the winning basket at a regional game. He simply smiled and nodded his head. I do not remember the second question but he again nodded his head. All I could do was take a commercial break. During that break I informed the young man that this was radio and the people couldn’t see him nodding. I said “you have to speak up”. That certainly isn’t a problem today.
Marian Crimans, 92, mother of Janet Moore of Milan, passed away January 4 at Westfield, Indiana. Marian was a former teacher at the Elwood Schools before her retirement. Marian was a member of the Presbyterian Church and was active in many associations and clubs. She was preceded in death by her husband, William Crimans in 2006. She will always be remembered for her great sense of humor and her love of all her family.Marian is survived by 4 children including daughter Janet (Charles) Moore of Milan, grandchildren Robert and Matthew (Kindra) Moore and Margaret (Joe) Nardi, great grandchildren Devon, Makenna, and Everett Moore, other grandchildren and great grandchildren.Funeral services will be Tuesday January 9, 2018 at 12 noon at the First Presbyterian Church in Noblesville. Visitation will be 10-12noon at the church on Tuesday. Burial will be at 2:30PM Tuesday at the Elwood City Cemetery in Elwood. Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association. You may go to www.lawscarrmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for Janet and her family.
RelatedPosts Influx of fake, substandard goods: FG moves to further strengthen SON COVID-19: ABU, RMRDC backed PPE kits pass SON test, set for launch Using 12.5kg cylinder as camp gas highly dangerous – SON The Standard Organisation of Nigeria says it has concluded plan to unveil sealed code to enable buyers or consumers detect fake products in the markets. The SON Coordinator in the Federal Capital Territory, Dimka Gambo, made this known at Business to Business monthly session in Abuja on Saturday. Represented by Papa’a Johnson, the Principal Standard Officer of the organisation, Gambo said the code would be inaugurated this year. Gambo explained that when that was inaugurated, the unregistered products using standard organisation certified logo would be easily detected. He however said porous borders and smuggling activities were reason for the influx of unregistered products in the country. Meanwhile, the coordinator disclosed that in line with the policy of the Federal Government on ease of doing business, SON had offered 50 per cent subsidy on standard services provided by SON to Small and Medium Enterprises. He said this development was put in place to boost the SMEs in the country. According to Gambo, apart from this discount, the organisation also gives technical assistance to SMEs to enable such segments of business to grow. The coordinator reiterated SON’s commitment to ensure the country got rid of fake and substandard products. The Convener of the business to business group, Dr. Mustapha Popoola, had earlier urged the Federal Government to come up with a policy that would put into consideration the dynamic nature of every part of the country for business to thrive. Popoola said there was the need to take cognisance of diversity of various cities in the country, pointing out that the model that worked in Kano State might not work in Lagos or elsewhere. He underscored the need for regular engagement of the private sector by government through a platform like business to business to help find a solution that would lead to create enabling environment for businesses to thrive, hence boosting the economy.Tags: Dimka GamboFake productsStandards Organisation of Nigeria